REGISTRATION FOR 2022/2023 PREPARATION COMING SOON!
Confirmation is an essential part of Christian Initiation. In Confirmation the bishop seals us, the baptized, with the Gift of the Holy Spirit. This sacrament is intended to:
- root us more deeply as sons and daughters of God,
- incorporate us more firmly into Christ,
- strengthen our bond with the Church,
- associate us more closely with the mission of the Church, and
- strengthen us to bear witness to the Christian faith.
- Candidates must be a young adult between the ages of 12-18. If you are over 18 years of age and would like to be confirmed you are required to attend the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) process.
- Candidates must have been baptized in or have been received into full communion with the Roman Catholic Tradition and provide appropriate documentation.
- Candidates need to have celebrated the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist. If you have not received these sacraments, you must attend the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) in conjunction with the Confirmation Program.
- Candidates must attend Sunday Mass regularly.
What’s Involved – How Does It Work?
- An online Registration Form must be submitted for each Candidate (see link below) together with a copy of their official Baptismal Certificate.
- Candidates will be expected to attend an interview with Father George (each candidate will be contacted at a later date to schedule a time)
- Candidates are required to attend Preparatory Classes and Retreat (attendance is mandatory).
Fees: Please note that there will be a fee of $50 per candidate.
Items you will need to provide for Registration:
- PHOTOCOPY of Baptismal Certificate (unless the candidate was baptized at Transfiguration)
- Completed Typed Registration Form (found below)
- Completed Typed Confirmation Sponsor Form (WILL BE GIVEN AT A LATER DATE)
- Payment, for preparation program $50.00 Cash/Cheque (Payable to Transfiguration of Our Lord Parish)
**PLEASE NOTE THAT PAYMENTS CAN BE DROPPED OFF IN THE MAILBOX OUTSIDE THE OFFICE OR YOU CAN CALL TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO DROP OFF THE MONEY
– *** –
(Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1285).
All baptized persons who have not been confirmed and only they are capable of being confirmed. It is required, if the person has the use of reason, that he/she be suitably instructed, properly disposed and able to renew his/her baptismal promises (canon 889).
– *** –
In the Archdiocese of Toronto, the Cardinal Archbishop has recently delegated authority to pastors to confirm their parishioners due to the large size of the diocese and to enable young people to be Confirmed on or close to the Feast of Pentecost.
Sponsors for this sacrament are ideally, the same persons who served as one’s baptismal sponsors. They are intended to be models of faith and so must be Confirmed themselves, be practising their faith, and be mature enough (usually sixteen years or older) to carry out the role of sponsor. A sponsor can be either male or female. Parents cannot be sponsors for their own children (canons 874 and 893).
Young people in the Archdiocese of Toronto are ordinarily Confirmed in their grade seven year. This applies as well to children of catechetical age (7 to 14 years) who were not baptized as infants but as young children.